We Delivered Relief Supplies to Disaster Stricken Areas.
Many goods have been sent to us and we are now delivering them to places with need.
Here is a report on what and where we have delivered supplies so far.
– Churches in Ishinomaki.
Cassette burners and cassette bombs, vegetables, diapers, fruit, wet wipes, batteries, rice. We also made a hot meal with the church members and ate together.
– Delivery of vegetables to Natori Church, Iwanuma Church.
– Various supplies (food and other goods) were delivered to Ishinomaki.
– Food was delivered to people in Natori.
– Food and Gasoline, Kerosene was delivered to Kakuda Church and Iwanuma Church
– A request from a homeless outreach group for delivery of food to Rokugo Public Hall.
We will continue to report on our activities.
Gas continues to be out so there is a need to deliver kerosene and cassette burners for cooking.
March 20, Report on Volunteer Activities at Miyagino Ward.
Two members of the Center (Asayama and Watanabe) went to help at the volunteer center established by Sendai Social Welfare Council.
The Sendai Social Welfare Council has set up Disaster Volunteer Centers in every ward and are sending volunteers to the areas needing assistance. See below for details. (in Japanese) http://www.shakyo-sendai.or.jp/
We went to Miyagino Ward Volunteer Center and registered as volunteers there. The volunteer activities are from 9 am to 3 pm. Many volunteers have come to sign up. In certain areas of Miyagino Ward, as well as Tagajo city, although there are many requests for volunteers, because of poor access, they do not have enough volunteers.
We helped out in an area of Miyagino that still has no water, to get water pumped up. The 30-year old housing complex has many buildings with severe damage. Many elderly live there are needing help. Those living on higher floors must climb up and down stairs since the elevators are broken.
We hope to help out through this volunteer center as well as our own Center activities.
1) Workers at the Volunteer Center ready to be assigned/dispatched
2) Workers being briefed
3) A sunken road on the way to Miyagino Ward Volunteer Center. The ground in Miyagino Ward is soft and so many land surfaces have fallen or sunken like this.
Our Center was featured in US National News (Fox News).
Fox News covered our Center’s activities on National News in the US.
It aired on March 17 at 5 pm News, with the title ”Desperate Situation in Sendai, Japan”
It covers our Center members visit to Ishinomaki Churches on March 16th and shows the scene where Mr. Miyamoto, member of Ishinomaki Eiko Church was found safe.
See it on this link http://video.foxnews.com/v/4588394/desperate-situation-in-sendai-japan